Your first cruise back to sea should be nothing short of amazing, and that begins with a seamless booking experience. When you’re ready to cruise again, our Worry-Free Promise program gives you full flexibility to change your plans, cruise protection before and during your journey, and peace of mind with enhanced health and safety protocols on board and on shore.
Book a cruise by December 31, 2021 (that departs through April 30, 2022) and you can cancel for any reason up to 30 days before departure and automatically receive a Future Cruise Credit with our Flexible Cancellation. Additionally, you may cancel up to your sailing date if you test positive for COVID-19 and will also receive a Future Cruise Credit.
Bookings must meet the eligibility criteria below:
- For cruise bookings made by December 31, 2021
- Cruise embarking through April 30, 2022
- Booking cancelled no less than 30 days prior to embarkation date or within 30 days of embarkation if you test positive for COVID-19.
Within 30 days and up until your embarkation date, you may still receive a Future Cruise Credit if you, or someone in your immediate travel party, tests positive for COVID-19.
COVID-19 Protection Program
This new element of the Worry-Free Promise program provides further peace of mind for guests within 30 days of embarkation through disembarkation for bookings made prior to December 31, 2021 and sailing on or before April 30, 2022. It is designed to assist guests who, as a result of being suspected of having COVID-19 or testing positive for COVID-19, may be unable to travel to embarkation, may be denied boarding, may be quarantined on board or disembarked early. It is also designed to assist guests who, as a result of governmental travel restrictions put in place within 30 days of embarkation, cannot travel to the country of embarkation for their booked cruise. The program outlined below will apply to the affected guests and their immediate travel party in the same stateroom.
- Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for 100% of the cancellation fee amount of non-refundable unused services, and a refund to the original form of payment for all taxes, fees, port expenses, and pre-paid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through the cruise line. Applicable, for guests and their immediate travel party in the same stateroom if any guest tests positive for COVID-19 within 30 days prior to embarkation.
- FCC worth 100% of the per-day cruise fare for the missed days and a refundable credit to their onboard account for missed prepaid onboard experiences and shore excursions purchased through cruise line, and for the refundable portion of taxes, fees, and port expenses for ports visited after disembarkation.
- Onboard COVID-related medical center visits and testing of suspected COVID-19 cases will be free of charge.
- Reimbursement of expenses for COVID-related medical care including during any medically required shoreside quarantine period for guests and their immediate travel party if any such guest(s) test positive for COVID-19 during their cruise. This includes air change fees in the case onward travel plans need to change.
- Any shoreside meals will be covered by a per-diem meal allowance as communicated by the family assistance coordinator upon disembarkation (no receipt retention is required).
- Dedicated Family Assistance Program liaison for care and logistical shoreside support until medically cleared to travel home.
- Assistance opening COVID-related insurance claims (for those who are eligible under their insurance policies or travel protection plans)
- This program is not intended to replace insurance or travel protection there are many non-COVID related reasons for travel protection plans.
- Insurance may allow for refunds in some cases otherwise covered by FCC only
- Insurance coverage is subject to the applicable policy.
- Guests with insurance will be reimbursed for reasonable expenses, as defined below, incurred but not covered by their insurance meaning that the guest must file a claim with their primary insurer, and submit any excluded or uncovered expense.
- This program shall not be applicable to a guest or any member(s) of their immediate travel party if such individual makes any false statements to the cruise line as to such individual’s COVID-19 vaccination status. The cruise line reserves the right to revoke any of the goodwill benefits provided in this program in the event of discovery of such false statements.
- This program is not intended to provide long-term care for issues arising from COVID-19 and there will be no reimbursement of any expenses incurred after guest is medically cleared to travel home.