Great news! Silversea Cruise ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Silversea Health & Safety FAQs
Do I need to take a COVID test to board a Silversea cruise?
Prior to August 8, 2022:
Fully Vaccinated Guests: You are considered to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (but have not received an additional dose or booster), must provide a negative antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 2 days prior to boarding their ship.
Up To Date Vaccinated Guests: If up to date with COVID-19 vaccines, guests must provide a negative Covid-19 antigen or PCR test result, administered by a verified third party (either a laboratory or pharmacy), taken no more than 3 days prior to boarding their ship.
Starting August 8, 2022, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer.
Do I need a Vaccine to travel on a Silversea Cruise?
Silversea Cruises will require all embarking crew and guests must have received their second vaccine shot (if applicable) at least two weeks prior to their sail date in order to board our ships. In addition, all crew and guests will be required to take a COVID-19 test prior to boarding.
From March 1, 2022, all eligible guests, for whom the required time has elapsed since the completion of their primary COVID-19 vaccination series, will be required to have received a COVID-19 booster.
- A copy of the vaccination certificate must be uploaded to ‘My Silversea’.
- The vaccination certificate or printed copy must be shown during the check-in and embarkation process.
- In accordance with the EU Healthy Gateways latest recommendations, all guests will be required to take a complimentary COVID-19 rapid antigen test prior to boarding and halfway through the voyage.
- Only those who test negative will be permitted to board our ships.
- All guests will undergo a pre-embarkation health screening including an enhanced health questionnaire and daily touchless temperature checks.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
The wearing of masks during the cruise will be at each guest’s discretion, with the exception of the casino, the theatre, and during muster drills where masks remain mandatory. Masks are mandatory inside shore excursion buses and you may be required to wear them at indoor venues. Whilst we recognise that the wearing of a mask is a personal choice, we do strongly encourage our guests to wear a mask whilst indoors aboard ship, other than when actively eating or drinking, or when in the privacy of your suite. Note that the Staff and Crew aboard all our ships will continue to wear masks for the foreseeable future.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Our itineraries have been revised to include only low-risk destinations with approved contingency plans.
In accordance with the EU Healthy Gateways, guests wishing to go ashore in port will only be allowed to do so with a verified shore excursion party. These verified shore excursions ensure that all Silversea health and safety measures are met, including mandatory testing of all tour guides.
- As a reminder, one excursion per port per day is already included in the cruise fare and can be selected from our ‘included shore excursions’ selection.
- These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.
You get more when you book with CruisesOnly, a preferred partner for Alaska Airlines, with exclusive bonus offers, plus all qualifying cruise line offers, plus all of the cruise line loyalty program benefits! Book your next cruise online with Alaska Airlines Cruises or call 800-215-3796.