THE ROYAL WAY TO KEEPING YOU HEALTHY
Everything we do, onboard and on land, is about safeguarding our guests and crew. Our ships provide a worry-free vacation! Here are some steps we are taking to ensure we keep you healthy.
- Reduced Travel to Impacted Counties: Along with a team of medical experts and guidance from health organizations, we’re monitoring the situation and either canceling or modifying itineraries to impacted areas.
- Enhanced boarding Screening: At the pier, all guests participate in mandatory screenings that include exclusion due to travel based on temporary restrictions and even a thermal scan to check everyone's temperature. Some guests may be subject to a secondary review. Dependent of screening results, some guests may be denied boarding to ensure we keep our ships healthy and safe.
- Heightened Sanitation at Cruise Terminals: Before and after all sailings, the cruise terminal is thoroughly sanitized. And, boarding, each ship undergoes deep sanitation using industry-standard cleaners proven to combat bacteria & viruses.
- Additional Sanitation Safeguards Onboard Our Ships: With the guidance of the World Health Organization and U.S. Centers for Disease Control, all ships across the entire Royal Caribbean International fleet have elevated sanitation procedures. Key areas, which include our public venues & restrooms, are sanitized approximately every 30 minutes.
- Hand Sanitizers Everywhere: One of the best ways to stay healthy is to keep your hands clean. So, we’ve increased the availability of hand sanitizer stations and continue to enforce hand cleansing at all food venues onboard. Hand sanitizers are effective against a broad number of pathogens, including Coronavirus COVID-19.
- Enhanced Medical Protocols: We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help those who aren’t feeling well, like complimentary medical consultations for guests with fever or flu-like symptoms, medical isolation when warranted, and intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures.
- Stateroom Cleanliness: Guest staterooms are thoroughly cleaned twice a day. During instances that guests display flu-like symptoms, their stateroom will receive an additional deep-cleaning.
- Daily Health Update Announcements: During each sailing, the Captain makes two announcements each day to remind guests to wash their hands often, use recommended coughing etiquette, and to report any high fever or flu-like illness symptoms immediately.
DOING YOUR PART. TIPS FOR PREVENTING ILLNESS, LIKE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19):
- After bathroom visits and before meals and snacks (it’s a cruise, there’s lots of that), make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- If you happen to sneeze or cough, cover your nose and mouth with tissue (or your upper sleeve) – never your hands or without covering your nose and mouth. It’s the polite thing to do.
- Use hand sanitizer often. Rub the gel thoroughly and in between your fingers, until your hands are dry.
OUR RESPONSE PLAN
- Our company has developed a comprehensive plan to respond to COVID-19 situations, just in case. Preparedness is key!
- If someone should fall ill or display symptoms while sailing, we have rigorous protocols in place, including intensified cleaning, air filtration, and sanitizing procedures and medical isolation.
- Each ship has reviewed their inventory and are all well-equipped with supplies and personal protective equipment, such as masks and medicine.
SEE SOMETHING? SAY SOMETHING!
Our crew members are required to report illness immediately, and our guests are encouraged to do the same! If at any time you experience flu-like symptoms, such as chills, cough, runny nose, fever, congestion, or a sore throat – visit our Medical Facility immediately for a complimentary check-up. Our doctors and nurses are always ready to assist with careful evaluation and treatment. They also do house calls and can evaluate you in your stateroom.