Great news! Virgin Voyages ships is back in the water! We are your resource for the most up to date information around vaccination & testing requirements, whether you will need a mask, taking shore excursions, and health & safety measurements taken by the cruise line.
Virgin pre-boarding screening policies and communications
Upon arrival, all Sailors are required to fill out a health declaration (aka the health check form). Those who have answered “yes” to any of the questions will be sent to a secondary screening in the event that they may have been exposed or potentially infected. Please refer to the CDC’s criteria for when not to travel, and note if any of their recommendations apply to you.
- In addition to pre-voyage assessments completed by those who are deemed high risk of becoming infected with SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus), we will collect a pre-voyage medical questionnaire/health declaration that all Sailors must complete before boarding the ship
- This pre-voyage medical questionnaire opens up for completion in the Virgin Voyages Sailor App — 24 hours prior to sailing
- Sailors cannot board the ship until they have completed this questionnaire
- If Sailors’ responses cause our medical team concern (i.e. a Sailor has answered “Yes” to any question) Sailors will be asked, on arrival at the terminal, to meet with the Virgin Voyages medical care crew for an evaluation prior to boarding
- The medical care team will decide, based on this evaluation, if a Sailor is fit to travel or not
- If deemed not fit to travel, those particular Sailors will be denied boarding
- We do not require travel insurance to sail, but strongly advise Sailors to purchase private travel insurance and make sure that it covers you for COVID-related expenses
- At a minimum, you should have coverage for the cost of cancellation by yourself and the cost of medical treatment and assistance, including repatriation, or in the event of an accident or illness
- It is your responsibility to make sure that the insurance you purchase is suitable for your particular needs, and to purchase additional or alternative insurance if required
- Please read your policy details carefully and bring your policy with you
- If you choose to travel without adequate insurance, we may not be liable for any losses suffered by Sailors with respect to what insurance covers
Lastly, just as a final reminder, you cannot travel if you have been advised that you are:
- Experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- Self-isolating as a result of COVID-19 symptoms
- Sharing a household or support bubble with somebody who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days
- If you’re unsure as to whether or not you’re in a high-risk health group, please call Sailor Services for additional support
Do I need a vaccine to travel on a Virgin Voyages Cruise?
We will be requiring that all Sailors and Crew be vaccinated to sail with us. Below you can find a detailed breakdown of our vaccine requirements:
- Proof of vaccination (including brand and dates of doses).
- You must be more than 2 weeks out from your final dose to come aboard
Please note that these guidelines are subject to change.
We do not collect vaccination cards or store proof of vaccination. Those cruise lines that have vaccine requirements to cruise will likely ask for proof at the time of boarding.
Do I need to wear a mask?
Masks may be required during embarkation and disembarkation and at ports depending on local recommendations. We’re continually evolving our policies, so please check back prior to your voyage.
Can I get off the ship at port?
Guests will be able to leave the ship at port, when included in activities on land that meet the sanitation or physical distancing requirements as on the ship.
- Managing the arrival and disembarkation times of Sailors and Crew at the port terminals, so that necessary physical distancing is possible.
These restrictions are under the control of local government and are subject to change without advance notice, so we encourage guests to come prepared for potential mask requirements ashore.
Alaska Airlines Cruises has the largest selection of cruise deals for all of the popular cruise lines! Book your next cruise today!
Check here for the most up to date information on each Cruise Destination, including vaccination requirements, mask mandates, shore excursions, and insurance requirements.