Requirements prior to sailing
Recommended 2 weeks prior to boarding but not required.
If not fully vaccinated must take within 4 days of travel.
Pre-Cruise & Embarkation Day
Safely Resuming Operations
American Cruise Lines is committed to the safety of our guests, crew, and community partners. We have formulated these Operating Protocols by working with local, state, and federal officials. While they cannot eliminate risk, they are designed to mitigate it and enhance safety onboard.
- Cruises are currently scheduled to resume in March 2021 at a reduced capacity.
- We are regularly communicating with all guests to provide updates as new information becomes available.
- If a cruise is unable to operate, booked guests will have the option to receive a refund of the amounts paid or to be issued Cruise Vouchers, which can be used towards a future cruise.
American Cruise Lines will require a negative COVID-19 test result for all guests and crew members boarding its ships.
- Requirement for guests to test on their own prior to traveling to the ship.
- A certified Medical Officer will be aboard each ship to conduct a brief pre-boarding health screening of each guest.
- Masks are to be worn during the cruise in compliance with the Executive Order on Promoting COVID-19 Safety in Domestic and International Travel.
Preparing to Travel and Boarding
- Guests must take a PCR or molecular COVID-19 test within 4 days of the start of their cruise package and submit their test result to American Cruise Lines at email@example.com and present the result at the time of boarding.
- Guests will submit a basic pre-travel health questionnaire regarding their recent travel history, general wellness, and whether or not they have been vaccinated.
- On arrival to the ship (or pre-cruise hotel, if applicable) guests will meet with the ship’s certified Medical Officer who will review the test results and will conduct a brief health evaluation.
- An additional COVID-19 test will be required, utilizing the shipboard medical facility, if the Medical Officer determines it is necessary.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to get a COVID-19 vaccine prior to travel.
- Guests with a vaccine must comply with all the requirements of the American Cruise Lines Operating Protocol, including for testing and mask-wearing.
Ship Technology and Specifications
- American Cruise Lines takes great pride in small, modern ships with spacious staterooms and the latest technology for safety and comfort.
- Ship capacities have been reduced and each ship will operate at a maximum guest capacity of 75% through the spring.
- Each ship has a completely independent HVAC system with no shared ducting between rooms or public spaces. By isolating HVAC equipment, we can greatly reduce the risk of spreading germs through multiple spaces on the ship.
- We have taken care to enhance cleanliness and reduce the number of required touchpoints aboard each ship. This includes the implementation of a touch-free boarding and check-in process. The vessel will be completely cleaned between cruises with additional sanitation rounds conducted hourly.
- American Cruise Lines has partnered with Vikand Solutions to provide a shipboard certified Medical Officer on each ship and various medical services, including COVID-19 testing. Vikand is a leading global provider of medical services to the maritime industry. In addition to providing services onboard, Vikand has worked with us and each port of call to reduce risk and ensure capable care in any situation.
- A dedicated space will be provided on each ship for a medical consulting and will be equipped with a Quidel Sofia 2 COVID-19 testing machine. In addition, an allotment of staterooms aboard each ship will be kept sanitized and unoccupied unless they become necessary for isolation purposes.
- Working with Vikand, ports of call, and local and state agencies, we have formulated an Outbreak Management Plan to respond to a confirmed COVID-19 case onboard. We have coordinated with a shoreside medical facility in every port of call, should hospitalization become necessary.
- PPE will available to guests and crew at all times. This includes sanitizer and facemasks.
Shoreside Operating Procedures
- American Cruise Lines has always taken great care to provide a carefully planned, personalized experience ashore. With small ship capacities, and even small excursion groups, shore excursions will be able to continue in an enjoyable manner.
- Every shore excursion venue has been screened for social distancing capability and sanitation practices. In most cases, only minor edits to planned excursions were needed ensure that social distancing could be maintained.
- While always small, shore excursions will be conducted in even smaller groups to enable social distancing. The exact group size is determined by the ability of each venue to ensure distancing practices and safe exploration.
- Each group will have private transportation directly to and from each venue. Coaches will operate at reduced capacity and will be sanitized before every boarding.