A Safer Way To Cruise And Travel
Seabourn is in the process of finalizing all required COVID-19 protocols for guests. Below are the measures currently planned, which are subject to change as further details are established. They will be updated in accordance with guidance from public health authorities.
Practice healthy travel habits always — According to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the simplest and most effective way to prevent illness, is to take extra care to practice basic health habits, including:
- Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Taking advantage of hand sanitizer wherever it’s available
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or your bent elbow. And always dispose of the used tissue and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands
- Avoiding close contact with sick people
- Pack extra medication — Guests are always encouraged to travel with at least two weeks of extra medication beyond the length of the cruise, when possible, in the event of unexpected travel delays and emergencies. Also bring a list of the names, strengths and dosages of all medications in case refills are required.
- Mobile phone instructions — Remember to enable an international travel plan inclusive of voice and data. Cell phone networks vary by country and Wi-Fi is not as available in some destinations. An international plan will enable you to stay connected at a reasonable rate and ensure you can be contacted.
- Provide Emergency Contacts — In rare circumstances, it may be necessary to reach an emergency contact on your behalf. Provide a validated emergency contact & phone number within your booking. The emergency contact should not be traveling with you, but another personal connection.
- Purchase travel insurance — It’s always a good idea to purchase travel protection, not only to protect you from any losses stemming from unforeseeable circumstances during your vacation, but to give you confidence to make new plans. This should extend to airfare bookings, as well. Make sure you fully understand any policy you purchase to understand what is and isn’t covered.
- Be aware of latest health advisories — New travel restrictions may change with short notice.